|We have not found any entries on our dictionary databases for the word you entered.
Please check your spelling. If you believe the spelling you have used is correct and the word exists below is an extensive alphabetical list of other dictionary sites you could try...
- AllDictionaries.com - Categorized index of language and subject dictionaries.
- AllWords.com - Features two modern English dictionaries, multilingual search, and translation. Also features a guide to language sites on the web and a language discussion forum.
- The Alternative Dictionaries - Includes a list of slang terms and phrases in various languages.
- Audio Webster Dictionary - Talking, fully cross-linked dictionary with relevant quotes from classical books and vocabulary games
- A-Z-Dictionaries - Descriptions and links to free online dictionaries, the Merriam-Webster dictionary, electronic dictionary products, dictionary downloads and software and ideas for saving money.
- Bin's On-Line Dictionary - Search various on-line dictionaries.
- Cambridge International Dictionaries - Free online dictionary from Cambridge University Press.
- Casey's Snow Day Reverse Dictionary - Dictionary using the statistical similarity of occurrences of n-length combinations of letters in text to match documents.
- The Century Dictionary Online - Free 500,000 word dictionary of English with an encyclopedia and world atlas. Uses DjVu and JPEG formats to display page images. Has headword lookup and full text search of 22 million words of underlying text.
- Collection of Web-Dictionaries - Sorted list of online dictionaries of more than 50 languages, mostly bilingual.
- Crosslinked Free Webster Dictionary - Free edition of a complete Webster dictionary. Fully crosslinked.
- Cynic's Dictionary - Irreverent and amusing definitions from the recently published Cynic's Dictionary. Samples may be reloaded for variety.
- DICT Development Group - A WWW interface to several freely available on-line dictionaries, including Webster's 1913, the Jargon File, the US Gazetteer, and Easton's Bible Dictionary.
- Dictionaries and Translation - List of links to dictionaries on the Internet.
- Dictionaries, Lexica and Lexical Resources - Collection of links to various online dictionaries and other lexical references.
- Dictionaries on the Web - Link collection -- over 100 links to various dictionaries of about 40 languages.
- 1000Dictionaries.com - Links to online language dictionaries and subject dictionaries.
- Dictionary and Glossary List - Contains links to glossaries and various dictionaries, almanacs and other sources of educational information.
- Dictionary Building Software for Reporters - Software program for realtime reporters and captioners that lists many diverse vocabulary lists.
- Dictionary of Comprehension - A Dictionary of Comprehension in different languages.
- Dictionary of Difficult Words - Search or browse this dictionary of more than 13,000 words.
- Dictionary of Sexual Terms and Expressions - Dictionary of sexual terms, a second dictionary of equivalents of the "F" word and thesaurus.
- Dictionary Plus - Enter a word and find everything expected from a standard dictionary plus similar words and synonyms.
- Dictionary Society of North America - An international organization of librarians, booksellers, translators, linguists, publishers, writers, journalists, and collectors. Founded in 1975 to further research in dictionary making, study, collection, and use. Member of the American Council of Learned Societies.
- Dictionary.com - Free online dictionary search, translator, word of the day, crossword puzzles and word games, and vocabulary learning resources for many languages.
- Dictsearch - Search a variety of dictionaries including monolingual, bilingual and specialty dictionaries.
- Digital Media Knowledge Base - Free service including dictionary search and tutorials on web development tools.
- EZresearch.com - Provides a directory of dictionaries.
- Free Dictionary and Free Translation - Collection of free dictionaries and translation sites. Supports searching all dictionaries with just one mouse click.
- FreeDictionary.Org - A search of multiple databases to find definitions or string matches, with a variety of search specifications available. Features tools to integrate the service with sites or browsers.
- Ghostwheel Information Project - Made by taking a set of publicly available dictionaries, indexing them into a SQL database, and then cross-referencing them.
- Glossaries - Collection of more than 2000 links to glossaries and dictionaries.
- The Glossarist - Searchable directory of glossaries and topical dictionaries containing terms and definitions on hundreds of subjects.
- High Definition Dictionary - Mixed collection of drug terminology with an apparently arbitrarily selected mix of other, unrelated terms. Dictionary accepts contributions of new terms.
- Hypertext Webster Gateway - WWW interface to multiple English dictionaries.
- Information Please Dictionary - Infoplease's free online dictionary. Features almanacs, an encyclopedia, and an atlas.
- Ka-BOOM - Dictionary of comicbook words on historical principles.
- KnowPlay? - Simple and integrated access to dictionaries, thesauri, encylopedias, and quotation databases.
- Lexicate Online Dictionary - Text-only online dictionary directory of language (e.g. English, French and Spanish) and subject (e.g. Science, Computer and Medical) dictionaries.
- Lexicool - Searchable directory of bilingual and multilingual dictionaries.
- Lighting Design Terminology - Explanations of terms used in architectural lighting and lighting simulation.
- The Newbury House Online Dictionary - Search over 40,000 entries to get clear concise definitions and when available related pictures.
- On-Line Dictionaries - Online specialty dictionaries for English, Russian, German, Finnish and Latin.
- OneLook Dictionaries - Look up a word or term in an Internet dictionary or glossary. Free search access to a frequently updated database of words, terms, names, and acronyms.
- Online Dictionary Net - Online dictionaries on every topic: medical, computer, dreams, rhyming; and, for every language: English, Spanish, French, Latin, German, etc.
- Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary - This site allows users to search, free of charge, for entries in the latest (year 2000) edition of the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary.
- Quotations: The Yale Dictionary - Project to create an searchable online database and a quotation dictionary from Yale University Press.
- 4Reference - Facts, figures and fun from the Britannica, Library of Congress, Oxford English Dictionary, Roget's Thesaurus, Kelley Blue Book, Billboard and Seinfeld Dictionary.
- Research-It - Includes several dictionaries and a thesaurus as well as online tools for shipping and mailing, currency exchange, and language translation.
- Search-It-All - A premium collection of the best searches on the Web.
- searchspell - Spellcheck web queries with a typo database before sending to one of several search engines for improved search performance.
- Skeptic's Dictionary - Skeptical definitions and essays on occult, paranormal, supernatural and pseudoscientific ideas and practices with references to the best skeptical literature.
- Strange Dictionaries - Free online versions of the Dictionary of One-Letter Words, the Dictionary of All-Vowel Words, the Dictionary of All-Consonant Words, and other strange dictionary resources.
- The Superhero Dictionary - Each entry compares a superhero's name with its real life meaning and includes comparison pictures and pronunciations.
- Surfing for Slang: English and Scandinavian - Links to sites on English and Scandinavian slang.
- Voycabulary - Online dictionary and thesaurus web linking lookup reference tool.
- Word Assault - Looks up multiple words simultaneously using several databases including Webster's, Easton's, Wordnet, and the Devil's Dictionary.
- Word Central - Student dictionary and rhyming dictionary online at Merriam-Webster's website. Daily Buzzword by subscription.
- Word Spy - Site dedicated to recently coined words and existing words revived into modern usage.
- WordWeb - A free English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows.
- Worthless Word for the Day - Obscure, abstruse and/or recondite word, especially one not falling into medical terms, foreign monetary units, foreign units of measure, legal terms, or professional jargon of any type.(site dead> links to ARCHIVE)
- The Writers' Board - Dictionaries, thesaurus, research materials, quotations, useful links and writing-related tools.
- Xlation.com Glossary Database - More than 1682 separate glossaries, linked by topic and by ISO 639-2 language codes.
- Xrefer - Offers free access to a wide range of dictionaries, both general and subject-specific.
- yourDictionary.com - Comprehensive index of on-line dictionaries in more than 200 different languages. Includes an index of on-line grammars, word of the day by email, and several pages of linguistic fun.
© Dictionary.net All Rights Reserved